ChatGPT lets anyone ask data questions without being an expert in skills like Python or SQL. It still has a few shortcomings as a data analytics assistant:
- Lack of context. An infinitely skilled AI wouldn’t be able to answer questions about your business if it lacked access to proprietary information, like how you define your metrics.
- Data limitations. Sharing your data with ChatGPT is impractical if you have a corporate database with thousands of tables, since you’ll quickly exceed file size and context limits.
- Limited SQL capabilities. By the best benchmarks, GPT-4 is well below human performance at writing SQL.
Dubo is designed to fix these shortcomings. Our new GPT brings Dubo to ChatGPT to combine Dubo’s skills as a data scientist with ChatGPT’s skills as a generalist. Ask a question and Dubo will write and execute the SQL and share the results. This has a few advantages over vanilla ChatGPT:
- Database documentation. Dubo uses database documentation like your dbt metrics to give the AI context necessary to answer questions about your business.
- Live database connections. You’re no longer limited to loading small CSVs. Dubo can select the right set of tables to answer questions about large corporate databases.
- State-of-the-art SQL skills. Dubo is the best LLM-based tool for writing SQL, significantly better than the GPT-4 baseline.
The Dubo GPT lets you combine Dubo’s strength in writing SQL with ChatGPT’s native ability to make visualizations with Python.
Try it out by signing up for Dubo and chatting with the Dubo GPT.